You’ve dreamed about owning a home. You’ve saved for the down payment. Now it’s time to start looking for a Queen Creek house that’s right for you. It seems overwhelming to think about location, features, and other factors and that’s okay. That’s why you hired a full-time real estate agent; they can help you find a place to call home.
- Budget. No matter how badly you want the big house on the hill overlooking the lake, if it isn’t in your budget, it’s not the house that’s right for you. Stay within your budget so you’re not house poor after purchasing your home. You will still have moving expenses, furniture purchases, and possible renovations, not to mention date night or nights out with friends and family.
- Lifestyle. Think about how you live your life. If you travel a lot, you might purchase a condo because it is less upkeep. If you have dogs, you might want a yard and if you have kids you might opt out of a home with a pool. The home has to fit your lifestyle or it won’t be right for you.
- Location. Real estate agents are known for saying, “Location. Location. Location,” as the top factor in purchasing a home and to some extent that’s true. If you’re looking to purchase in northeast Mesa but your friends and family are in Chandler, you might want to rethink your home search. You want to spend time with loved ones, rather than drive time to see them.
- Family. This includes future family whether you’re planning to have children or your parents living with you. If grandma is living with you, consider a one-story home or a home with two master suites. If you’re planning on children consider a split floor plan with the master on one side and bedrooms on the other side of the house.
- Features. Think about what kind of kitchen you want or the number of bathrooms. Having an idea of the features you want in your home will help your real estate agent narrow the search.
- And finally, you have to LOVE the house. A house is a long-term investment. Just because you’ve been looking for what feels like a long time, it doesn’t mean you should buy a house that you LIKE. You’ve got to see yourself making the house a home. If you don’t, then this isn’t the house that’s right for you.
Are you ready to get started? Contact the team at Beery Realty today to find the Queen Creek house that's right for you!