Selling your East valley home is a complex process and there are a lot of factors to consider. While the goal is to sell your home in a timely manner, it’s also important to get the full asking price. Although it is simple for your real estate agent to say they can get full price, there are strategies to attract highly motivated buyers and improve competition.
- Make sure that you have a reasonable asking price to start with. Research your local real estate market and find out what other buyers paid for homes comparable to yours.
- Hire a home inspector to perform a full inspection of your home, so that you can fix any problems. If you can show the buyer the repair receipts and inspection report, you will be in a better position to ask for full price.
- First impressions are very important and can improve a buyer’s perception of your home’s value. Make sure that your property has plenty of curb appeal and feels welcoming.
- De-clutter and clean your home – this makes it appear more spacious and luxurious and will make a buyer willing to pay more.
- Ask your real estate agent to create a flyer that compares your home’s price to other similar listings in the area – showing that your home is a great deal. This will convince buyers that your asking price is already discounted.
- Schedule your property tours as close together as possible. This can mean that you get multiple offers at around the same time, which will encourage the buyer who is eager to seal the deal to pay full price.
- If you have any rooms with bright colors that might not appeal to the average buyer, give them a quick makeover with neutral tones. These are safe colors that will increase the odds that your home will sell.
- Renovate kitchens and/or bathrooms to increase the asking price and likelihood of getting the best price. Studies have shown that renovations and upgrades in those two rooms have the most impact on the potential selling price of the home.
With these tips, you should be more likely to achieve the full asking price when selling your East valley home. Call Beery Realty today to get started!